Thursday, June 26, 2014

Landscaping

Last fall the neighbours cut down a tree that fell onto our bushes. The bushes have died. The fence has died. We need to do something. My landscape 'guy', Austin, has made up a plan and should be starting in a week or so. I can't wait. New trees. Long grasses. Pretty plants. No fence.
Cathy dropped by today with her Auburn Wave. She was so relieved when I said that it didn't have to be blocked. We're working out a deal right now. I block for her and she irons for me. She's thinking it over and getting back to me.
Another one that I want to steal. I love this colour - Courbet's Green.

There is another shipment on the way from Mrs. Crosby that should be here the end of next week.









There are 9 new multi-colours. This shipment will include Train Case (fingering weight), Carpet Bag (DK weight) and Steamer Trunk (worsted weight). 

I thought that I had my colours picked for Itineris. Not now. I think I'm going to use Train Case - one new multi and a semi-solid.

We sent out a newsletter today and there were many bounces. If you normally receive the newsletter but didn't get it today, you can see it here...

I totally forgot about Big Brother last night until Beth said that it was taping. A two evening introduction to everyone is interesting. So far I haven't really met anyone that I want to win. Maybe Donny. He is so out of his element. My guess is that everyone is going to try and make an alliance with him because no one will expect it. :)

I thought my post was done and then Mr. Canpar came through the door. We have brand new colours of Malabrigo Rasta in stock.
Super Bulky, 100% merino wool 90 yards per skein 150 grams per skein. Single. Slightly felted Be sure to get enough yarn to complete your project since each bag is a different dye lot, and skeins may vary from bag to bag. Needles US 15 - US19 or 10mm - 15mm. Gauge 8.0 to 10.0 sts = 4 inches Hand wash, dry flat
I haven't picked up my needles today so I'm going to sign off and knit until it's time to go home. Last night I finished the first set of eyelet rows on Auburn Wave. Maybe I'll get through the second set tonight.

No comments: